Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lucky Clover

 "The four-leaf clover is an uncommon variation of the common, three-leaved clover. According to tradition, such leaves bring good luck to their finders, especially if found accidentally. According to legend, each leaf represents something: the first is for hope, the second is for faith, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck" - Four-leaf Clover Wikipedia Page 



Lucky clover has several different meanings for me.

1. If anyone knows me I love anything Irish. My Dad started working on a family tree a few years ago and figured out we are Irish, German, Swiss, and Scottish. My great, great, great, etc. Grandfather came over to America from Ireland and met my great, great, great, etc. Grandmother on the boat over. Even though I'm not 100% Irish I still love the culture. Four year ago I was lucky enough to travel to Ireland and tour Dublin and the country side. It is absolutely beautiful there. One day I would like to go back and tour the west coast of Ireland. I'll put that on my bucket list.


2. One evening in December I was browsing the Austin Pets Alive! website looking at all the cute puppies. I saw this adorable puppy with an interesting coat. Craig and I had to go meet her and once she was in my arms for 1 second she was all mine. We named her Clover. Her foster mom named her "Clove" and we thought the name Clover would be perfect. She is the best behaved puppy that I have ever known. She is 5 months old and she has only destroyed 1 shoe lace. She is spoiled with bones and other toys so she is preoccupied with her own stuff. She has been doing very well with potty training also. I'm so happy Craig and I decided to adopt her because she is a great addition to our lives.

3. I had the privilege to join an amazing sorority in college called Kappa Pi Gamma. Our colors are emerald green and white. Our official symbol is a star but I think our unofficial symbol was a clover. Every year we threw an amazing St. Patty's Day Bash for the whole school. That was a great 4 four years!

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady! I nominated you for One Lovely Blog award!
    http://thesweetlife-heidi.blogspot.com/2011/04/award-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i can be so lucky as you..i wish i can hold also a lucky clover

    ReplyDelete